Four TPH-Trained Players on Hobey Baker List
Total Package Hockey is proud to announce that four TPH Trained athletes have been nominated for the 2018 Hobey Baker Memorial Award which is presented to the top NCAA men’s ice hockey player. TPH alumni Mitch Fossier (Alpharetta, GA), Josh Kestner (Huntsville, AL), Cooper Marody (Brighton, MI) and Tony Calderone (Trenton, MI) are among the 74 student-athletes who have been nominated on behalf of their respective programs to receive this prestigious award.
“We congratulate Mitch, Josh, Cooper and Tony on this wonderful recognition,” Total Package Hockey Director of Player Development Brandon Naurato said. “To have been directly nominated by their respective coaches and programs speaks volumes about the character and abilities of these young men. It is our privilege to be able to say that these four quality athletes are TPH Trained.”
The entire TPH family joins Naurato in congratulating these fine individuals on receiving this recognition. We encourage all of you to cast your vote on behalf of these TPH Trained athletes online at http://www.hobeybaker.com/2018-vfh.
MITCH FOSSIER – MAINE UNIVERSITY
* 96’ thunder alum also participated in Atlanta’s 8-Week Summer Training Program and SE Spring AAA
* Currently leads the Maine Blackbears in scoring with 21 points in 22 games
* Currently tied for 23rd in conference scoring within Hockey East
JOSH KESTNER – UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA HUNTSVILLE
* 93’ Thunder alum also participated in Huntsville’s 8-Week Summer Training Program, TPH Summer Camps, and SE Spring AAA Prospects Program
* Currently tied for 5th in the nation
with 16 goals
* Currently leads the WCHA in goal scoring (14) and tied for 6th in scoring with 19 points
COOPER MARODY – UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
* 96’ TPH Detroit alum who participated in the 8 Week Progression Program
* Currently in his junior season at the University of Michigan where he has tallied 9 goals, 22 assists and a team best 31 points through 22 games
* 2nd in overall points for the entire Big 10 conference
* Selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the 6th round of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
TONY CALDERONE – UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
* 94’ TPH Detroit alum who participated in the 8 Week Progression Program.
* Currently in his senior season at the University of Michigan where he leads his team with 15 goals and is second to fellow TPH Detroit alum Cooper Marody in overall points with 27.
* Tied for first in the Big 10 conference in goals.
* Captain of the 2017-2018 Wolverines.